Administration of an Estate, Lasting Power of Attorney, Making a will
Administration of an Estate
Dealing with bereavement can be challenging. Executors or Personal Representatives may find themselves having to sort out the estate of a family member or friend while they are grieving.
Being an Executor or Personal Representative of an estate can be an onerous, emotional and stressful task. It can involve arranging the funeral, going through personal papers to find out what assets and debts there may be, applying to the Probate Registry and dealing with beneficiaries and other family members.
Our specialist Probate Team understands this and can provide sympathetic and professional advice. They can help by advising you exactly what to do and can even deal with the entire estate on your behalf.
Our services include:
- interpreting the Will or advising on the intestacy provisions where there is no Will
- advising on the impact of Inheritance Tax on the estate
- identifying and obtaining valuations of assets
- obtaining Grants of Probate or Grants of Letters of Administration
- advising in respect of Inheritance Tax returns and ensuring that the correct amount is paid on time, thereby avoiding financial penalties
- dealing with the administration of an estate including claiming all assets belonging to the estate and paying any debts promptly
- dealing with the distribution of the assets to the beneficiaries in accordance with the terms of a Will, or the Intestacy Laws
- preparation of Estate Accounts
- post-death arrangements
Request a call back
If you would like one of our team of experts to call you back, please complete the quick request form below and we will contact you shortly